"Feel free to add comments (no rude ones please). If you like my Blog, please pass the link on to your friends. Thanks - the Middle Man."

Monday 10 March 2008

What Is The World coming To?














What Is The World Coming To?
What is the world coming to? For one, the weather has gone crazy. There has been a recent earthquake in the UK and today the weather is reminiscent of the final Judgement Day. I know that it was nigh on impossible to see anything much through the spray on the M6 this morning but I could have sworn I was overtaken by the four Riders of the Apocalypse. Perhaps I should stop listening to the Doors on my iPod while I’m driving.

It is not just the weather either. Sporting results have gone mad too. Just look at the FA Cup results over the weekend. Who would have thought it, Portsmouth, Barnsley, Cardiff and West Brom through to the quarter finals. I wish I had been a gambling man…..

And can you believe it, staff working at ACAS (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) have voted to go on strike. These are the very people who are supposed to help other organisations to mediate and avoid strike action. And then you only have to look at the latest Eurovision entries from the UK and Ireland to realise that the world has gone slightly mad.

Conspiracy theorists must be having a heyday too. Just type “conspiracy theory” into Google and you will be entertained well into the next millennium. 9/11 was deliberately orchestrated by the US, or Israel, or Iraq; the US never did land on the moon, while Nazis Germany had a base there as early as 1942; the US and Indian militaries deliberately caused the Indian Ocean tsunamis by setting off an electromagnetic pulse bomb; and, humanity is actually under the control of dinosauroid-like aliens who must consume human blood to maintain their human appearance. Presumably, Deirdre off Coronation Street is the exception that proves the rule. What is going on with that neck of hers?

I must admit that I too quite like to dabble in conspiracy. My favourite is the old Jesus thing – that he was actually a political leader rather than a religious one (that being his brother James), that he was married to Mary Magdalen (a la “Holy Blood, Holy Grail” and the “Da Vinci Code”) and they had a child who founded the Merovingian dynasty in France, with Christ’s descendants going on to include the likes of Leonardo da Vinci, Robert Boyle, Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo and David Icke. Actually I did make up the David Icke connection. And, so did he.

But, I have been to Rennes-le-Chateau and Masada so I know what I know! Similarly, my good lady C predicted the demise of Princess Diana even before Mohamed Al Fayed. Neither of us think the future looks too rosy for Barack Obama either, unfortunately. And, do you know, there are people out there that think that Cliff Richards is actually gay………surely not.

In truth, nothing can be quite as mad as the real world which gave us President George W Bush and the prospect of Boris Johnson as the Mayor of London. Dick Wittington must be turning in his grave. And, I know that Dana is not entirely happy either!

But, if any of you out there have any good conspiracies that you would like to share, just let me know.

No comments: